UK Tier 1 Investor Visa
What is the UK Tier 1 Investor Visa?
The United Kingdom (UK) approved investment program in 2008 which enables foreign investors from non-EU countries to obtain a residency permit in the UK.
What are the conditions of application for the UK Tier 1 Investor Visa?
Investors may apply for the UK Tier 1 Investor Visa under the following conditions;
- An investment of at least 2 million GBP
- The money must be invested in UK government bonds, share capital in active and trading UK companies
- The investment must be held at least for five years
- Permanent residence of 5 years (with a maximum of 180 days absence per year)
- To succeed in “Life in the UK test” and “English language test”
How long does the process take?
Application process for the UK Tier 1 Investor Visa takes maximum 8 weeks
What are the advantages of this Program?
Key advantages of this residency program are;
- Bring your family to the UK with you (including spouse and any children under 18)
- Dual citizenship
- Free education for children
- Fastest investor immigration program
- Apply for citizenship after a minimum 5 years of residence
Ketenci&Ketenci is a leading international law firm advising on global citizenship. Please contact us for further details on UK Residency and Citizenship.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why choose UK?
Because it is one of the most powerful countries in the world, its economy is reliable for investors all around the world along with its well-designed legal system.
Do I have to travel to UK during Residence Permit procedures?
Yes, if the applicants apply to this program within UK, the residence permit will be valid for 3 years. In case the applicant applies overseas, then the permit will be granted not more than 4 months.
What are the visa-free travel opportunities for citizens of United Kingdom?
Holders of the UK’s passport enjoy visa-free travel or visa on arrival access to 185 countries.
Is UK a tax haven for investors who may opt for applying to Tier 1 Investor Visa?
Though it would not be realistic to mention UK a tax haven, investors should keep in mind that there are many advantageous tax cuts for Tier 1 investors, who are searching ways for optimizing their tax payments. UK works diligently in order to attract Tier 1 investors from all around the world, thus it will not be a big hustle to create a suitable taxation for the investor.
Is there any legislative text designating the Tier 1 Investor Visa?
Surely. Immigration Rules Appendix A, which is also available on governmental website of UK, is the prominent legal text with regards to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Investor Visa, with its broad explanations as per this type of application. Immigration Rules Appendix J also includes some amendments related to this matter.
Do you offer real estate options from UK?
Yes. We are able to introduce you to our property advisors who are experienced specialists in their domain and would be happy to present you properties from a wide portfolio, which suits your intentions.
How many family members can apply for residency along with the Main Applicant?
Spouse and dependent children under 18 years old can apply with the main applicant.
Is there any language requirement to apply for UK Residency?
No, the applicants do not have to take any language test.
Is there any additional requirement in order to extend the Tier 1 Investor Visa?
Yes, following requirements shall take place in order to apply for extension;
- The applicant shall submit the evidence that he/she entered the country in the first 30 days after the clearance is acquired,
- The applicant shall submit the evidence that other adult family members were submitted to the applicant shall submit the evidence that to the Overseas Visitors Records Office within 7 days after their arrival to UK,
- The applicant shall submit the evidence that he/she did not obtain any public fund,
- All dependent children including the ones who turned 18 during the initial visa shall be included to the extension application,