Saint Lucia Citizenship
The Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme established in 2016, under the name of Citizenship by Investment Act No. 14, 2015 Thanks to this act, individuals and families can obtain Saint Lucian citizenship upon making a qualifying investment.
Option (A): National Economic Fund Contribution (NEF)
NEF is established for the only purpose of taking investments from its citizenship program.
Option (A) requires that a non-refundable monetary contributions to the National Economic Fund. Required amounts for this option are as follows:
- USD $100,000 - Single applicant
- USD $140,000 - Main applicant with spouse
- USD $150,000 - Main applicant, spouse, and up to 2 children
- USD $25,000 each - Additional dependents
- USD $30,000 each - Administrative fees.
Option (B) : Real Estate Investment
It indicates that a minimum amount of property investment shall be made for USD $300,000 in an approved real estate such as hotels, resorts, boutiques, holiday homes in the country on the condition not to sell the property within the next 5 years. In addition to the property purchase, property register fees as well as transaction fees and related taxes must also be paid.
Option (C): Government Bond Investment
Option (C) requires an investment in Saint Lucia government bonds, additionally this investment must be maintained for five years. Subject to the size of the family, the bond amount will be different. Required amounts for this option are as follows:
- USD $500,000 - Single applicant
- USD $535,000 - Main applicant with spouse
- USD $550,000 - Main applicant, spouse, and up to 2 children
- USD $25,000 each - Additional dependents
- USD $50,000 each - Administrative fees.
Option (D): Enterprise Project Investment
Option (D) is only available for an investment of US$3.5 million in an approved enterprise project on condition to create at least three jobs. Through sharing the investment, two applicants can select the option (D) and make an investment for US$6 million and create six jobs. Enterprise Project Investment Some approved enterprise projects are ports, bridges, cruise ports and marinas, pharmaceutical products, roads and highways, research institutions and facilities, or offshore universities.
Option (E): Covid-19 Relief Bond
Investment in the bond enable to obtain the citizenship, it also guarantees the return of the investment after the prescribed time. However, it is a limited offer and valid until December 31, 2020.
Required amounts for this option are as follows:
USD $250,000 - Single applicant (hold period: 5 years)
-Main applicant with 1 dependent (hold period: 6 years)
-Main applicant with up to 4 dependents (hold year: 7 years)
USD $300,000 - Main Applicant with up to 4 dependents (hold period: 5 years)
-Up to 4 additional dependents can be added at US$ 15,000 per person
*There is a fund administration fee of US$30,000.
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROCESS AT A GLANCE
- Preparation of all the documents.
- Payment of due diligence fees, applicable government fees, advisory fees, and reservation of property investment fees, if applicable.
- Submission of the citizenship application to the CIU.
- Analyzing the application by the government and conducting a due diligence back ground check on the candidate.
- Approval of the citizenship application.
- Execution the government donation or investment.
- Issuing citizenship certificate and Saint Lucia passport.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO OBTAIN THE CITIZENSHIP?
Generally, the process results in between three or four months from submission of the application to issuance of the passport, on condition that there is no problem about the application.
BENEFITS OF SAINT LUCIA CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM & PASSPORT AT A GLANCE
- One of newest CBI Programmes, came into effect in 2016
- Family oriented CBI programme: Citizenship might be obtained for family members including children under 25, spouse and dependent parents of the Main Applicant & Spouse over age of 65.
- Covid-19 discount for a family of 4 people & also additional dependents
- Additional dependents have chance to be included as of five years upon approval of main application
- Elite & Western-like Citizenship which is not granted to every applicant with its Extensive due diligence procedure
- Cheapest point of investment for single applicant including all related fees
- Free & high quality Education for 12 years and University Reimbursement Plans are provided
- Passport delivered within 3-4 months, renewable for life and passed onto future generations
- Solid investment options with regular income and at the same time you can obtain one of the most sought citizenships in the World
- No Minimum Residency requirement, no need to go to St. Lucia before or after obtainment of Citizenship
- Visa Free Travel to over 140 countries, including Switzerland, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and EU Countries.
- Advantageous travel options for many countries such as US, UK, Canada, Singapore & Australia.
- High Quality Medical Care
- Dual & Multiple Citizenships are allowed.
- No obligation to learn the history or language of the country
- No Military Service Requirement
WHY THIS COUNTRY?
- Mostly Christian country, offering a tolerant, democratic and Western lifestyle.
- An Ecotourism Center with its tremendous rainforests & botanical gardens
- Luxury resorts, hotels and top restaurants
- Safe, Happy and Fantastic environment to settle with family
- Preferable 2nd home to spend Winter and Summer, easy to travel from/to US & EU with direct flights.
- Traditionally very hospitable, tolerant and welcoming manner to all foreigners.
- Beautiful beaches with white & golden sands
- High GDP Per Capita
- Respected high quality Educational Facilities
- Well-Educated society due to high attention paid by government
- Stable, planned and growing economy with its vivid international offshore sector
- No interview requirement
- Member of Commonwealth of Nations
- Advantageous travel options to Commonwealth Countries, such as UK, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore for all St. Lucia Citizens,
- Easy to obtain long-term and multiple entry visa to EU, US, Canada, UK and Australia
- Strong, Independent Legal System and Courts
- Reasonable Tax Rates, no wealth, gift, and inheritance taxes collected.
- Perfectly located on Caribbean Sea
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (“FAQ”) IN RELATION TO ST. LUCIA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMME
Why choose St. Lucia?
St. Lucia is a beautiful tropical country and there is no requirement of military service and learning the official language to apply this programme. In addition to this, there is no minimum residency requirement. It also allows dual & multiple citizenships.
Which family members can be involved to the programme by the main applicant?
Main applicant can involve spouse, dependent children under 25, and dependent parents of the main applicant & spouse over age of 65 to the programme.
Do I have to travel to St. Lucia to start the Citizenship procedures?
During the whole process of obtaining St. Lucia Citizenship, applicants do not have to travel to St. Lucia.
What are the visa-free travel opportunities for citizens of St. Lucia?
The holders of St. Lucia’s passport have opportunities of visa-free travel over 140 countries, including the Europe’s Schengen Area, Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and many others and the country enables to get long-term and multiple entry visa to EU, US, Canada, UK and Australia.
Is St. Lucia a tax haven for investors who are interested in CIP Program?
Sure. St. Lucia is a country which implements tiny amount of taxation to investors who consider obtaining St. Lucian citizenship by Investment. State authorities of St. Lucia, does not collect any wealth, inheritance or foreign income tax from its citizens, thus keeping a moderate taxation rate.
Is it possible for more than 1 investor to apply for St Lucian Citizenship depending on only one property?
Yes, this is possible. Real estate investment requested from main applicants is specified as a minimum of USD 300.000, in this case two or more St Lucian CIP applicants may prefer to invest in a single real estate together, as long as every single main applicant makes investment equivalent to the at least above given amount by means of an authorized agent.
Is St Lucian Citizenship by Investment Program regulated with an official legislation?
Certainly. St Lucian CIP is regulated through several legislative texts, with the Citizenship by Investment Act, which has come into effect on 24th of August, 2015 being most important one. This Act provides detailed information and is the key tool for grasping insights of St. Lucian Citizenship programme.
Do you offer Approved Property options for acquirement of St Lucian Citizenship?
Yes. We offer approved projects for St. Lucian Citizenship. We can advise by presenting approved projects and luxurious, high end Hotels available to apply St. Lucian Citizenship program.
Is St. Lucia Citizenship acquired/valid for life?
Yes, once the citizenship is acquired, it becomes a permanent citizenship for life for you and your next generation family also.
Can we change our names after obtaining St. Lucia citizenship?
Sadly, nowadays St. Lucian Government has no regulation on this issue.
Do the applicants have to reside in St. Lucia for a certain period of time at any stage of the application?
There is no residence requirement exist before or after acquiring the Grenadian citizenship.
How many family members can apply for citizenship along with the Main Applicant?
If the applicant chooses the option Option (A): National Economic Fund Contribution (NEF), Minimum amount of donation, USD $100,000, covers only the main applicant. In order to apply with a spouse, then the amount becomes USD $35,000. For a family up to 2 children, USD $150,000 shall be paid. For each additional dependents, USD $25,000 shall be paid. More information can be found under the above-stated section: “the investment options”.
Is there any language requirement to apply for St. Lucia Citizenship?
No, neither there is a language requirement nor an interview, business experience or educational requirements for the citizenship application.
Once St. Lucia Citizenship is acquired, in the case that the applicant will not stay in St. Lucia, what will be main applicant’s tax liabilities in St. Lucia?
No, you are not liable to pay any taxes unless you choose to reside in St. Lucia.