The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program has recently established in 2018 through a special decision published in the Official Gazette of Montenegro 34/10, 40/16 and 62/18 and the program came into force on January 1, 2019. This program will be applied until December 31, 2021.
Option (A): Total amount of €350,000 EUR Investment (government fund+property)
Option (A) requires that a €100,000 non-refundable monetary contributions to a government fund and additionally a minimum amount of property investment shall be made for USD €250,000 on condition that the real estate must be located in an under-developed region like northern and central regions of the country, excluding Podgorica.
Option (B) : Total amount of € 550,000 EUR Investment (government fund+property)
Option (B) requires that a €100,000 non-refundable monetary contributions to a government fund and additionally a minimum amount of property investment must be made for €450,000 on condition that the real estate must be located in a developed region like South of the country, capital of Podgorica and the coastal regions.
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROCESS AT A GLANCE
- Obtaining the required documents
- Choosing the real estate investment option A or option B
- Paying for the investment and making the donation.
- Submitting the application
- Conducting due diligence
- Obtaining the certificate of naturalization.
- Visiting Montenegro in order to take citizenship oath and providing the biometric datas
- Receiving the passport.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO OBTAIN THE CITIZENSHIP?
Generally, the process results in between 3 and 6 months from submission of the application to issuance of the passport, on condition that there is no problem about the application.
BENEFITS OF MONTENEGRIN CITIZENSHIP PROGRAM & PASSPORT AT A GLANCE
- Family oriented CBI program: Citizenship might be granted to family members
- Straightforward application procedure, finalized within 3 months as of submission date
- Advantage of free education and study in the most powerful universities in the world
- Passport delivered very quickly within 3-6 months only.
- Solid investment options with regular income and at the same time you can obtain one of the most sought citizenships in the World
- No Minimum Residency requirement, even no need to go to Montenegro before or after obtainment of Citizenship
- Visa free travel to 124 destinations including Europe’s Schengen Area, Russia, and Turkey, Switzerland and Singapore.
- Short route to the USA because of E-2 Treaty, it provides citizens to both start a business in the USA and to dwell in.
- Dual & Multiple Citizenships are allowed.
- No language requirements.
- No Military Service Requirements
- One of the lowest personal income tax rates in the world nearby at 10-11%
- Montenegro will very likely to join the European Union by 2025, so it offers prospective EU Citizenship
- Safe, Happy and Wonderful environment to settle with family, the country enables “Insurance policy” with family security guaranteed in case of economic or political instability.
- It is stated every year as a popular tourist destination along with Greece, Spain and other popular countries by well-known tourism guides like Lonely Planet.
- Preferable 2nd home to spend Summer, easy to travel from/to US & EU with advanced airway options.
- Traditionally very hospitable, tolerant and welcoming manner to all foreigners.
- Good beaches and many well-preserved ancient old towns
- High GDP Per Capita, reaching 18,000 USD
- E2 Investor Visa Agreement with US, allowing residence and working in US under certain conditions
- Internationally respected & governmentally prioritized First Class Educational Facilities
- No interview requirement
- Montenegro is a stable country in regard to economy and society.
- Member of UN, NATO, the World Trade Organization
- Advantageous travel options to Europe’s Schengen Area, Russia, and Turkey, Switzerland and Singapore.
- The military of Montenegro is a fully professional standing army under the Ministry of Defence.
- Strong, Independent Legal System and Courts
- Advantageous tax regime fixed at just 9-11%
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (“FAQ”) IN RELATION TO MONTENEGRO CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMME
Why choose Montenegro?
Montenegro provides safe, happy and wonderful environment to live with family, it enables “Insurance policy” with family security guaranteed in case of economic or political instability. Dual & Multiple Citizenships are legally possible in Montenegro and there is no language requirements. In addition to all these, Montenegro is stated every year as a popular tourist destination along with Greece, Spain and other popular countries by well-known tourism guides like Lonely Planet.
Do I have to travel to Montenegro before or after obtainment of Citizenship procedures?
There is no need to go to Montenegro before or after obtainment of Citizenship and there is no minimum residency requirement.
What are the visa-free travel opportunities for citizens of Montenegro?
Owners of Montenegro’s passport have opportunities of visa-free travel to 124 destinations including Europe’s Schengen Area, Russia, Switzerland and Singapore and Turkey.
Can Montenegro be accepted as a tax haven for investors who consider Citizenship by Investment Programs?
Although it is hard to mention the country a “tax haven”, Montenegro still manages to attract many investors with its quite favorable tax rates. There is not many tax types requested by the state and tax percentages for individuals and companies are kept at a low level of 9%.
Is there a possibility of attaining Montenegro Citizenship based on a single real estate investment for two or more different applicants?
Yes, this is possible. Requested property investment for Citizenship application has been specified as a minimum of USD 250.000. So long as each investor provide property investment of such amount along with the fixed donation price, they would be able to apply for Montenegrin nationality depending on only one property.
Is there any official legislation regulating Montenegro Citizenship by Investment ?
Montenegro Citizenship by Investment program is mainly based on a treaty between France and Montenegro, which is known as Sovereign Ordinance no. 3153. The Ordinance necessitates for anyone who plans to stay in Montenegro longer than 3 months to apply for Residence Permit by resorting to Monegasque local authorities.
Do you offer properties convenient for Montenegro Citizenship by Investment application?
Yes. We offer carefully selected, approved projects suitable to proceed for Montenegro Citizenship by Investment program based in the Northern as well as in the southern part of the country.
Is Montenegrin Citizenship acquired/valid for life?
Yes, once the citizenship is acquired, it becomes a permanent citizenship for life for you and the citizenship could also be passed to your future generations.
Can we change our names after obtaining Montenegrin citizenship?
Yes, but the applicant may only apply for the change of name after the citizenship is acquired.
How many family members can apply for citizenship along with the Main Applicant?
All family members excluded the dependent children older than 26 can apply with the main applicant.
Is there any language requirement to apply for Montenegrin Citizenship?
No, there is no language requirement.
Once Montenegrin Citizenship is acquired, in the case that the applicant will not stay in Montenegro, what will be main applicant’s tax liabilities in Montenegro?
In Montenegro, non-resident citizens are liable to pay tax if only their income occur through their business within Montenegro. Hence, incomes derive out of Montenegro will not be the subject of taxation.