Active Immigrant Investor Scheme was established in 2012. The Immigrant Investor Programme (IIP) enables full residence rights to foreign investors.
Option (A): Enterprise Investment
Option (A) requires that an investment shall be made for €1,000,000 EUR in either a single Irish enterprise or spread over a number of enterprises on the condition to remain the investment for at least 3 years. The type of enterprise is not important, but it has to be registered and headquartered in Ireland in order to support the maintenance of employment.
Option (B) : Investment Fund
Option (B) indicates that an investment shall be made for €1,000,000 EUR to investment fund which is approved for the aims of the Immigrant Investor Program by the Irish Naturalization and Immigration Service and sets out by the Central Bank of Ireland on the condition to remain the investment for at least 3 years and funds must be invested in Ireland.
Option (C): Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT)
It indicates that a minimum amount of real estate investment shall be made for €2,000,000 EUR in any Irish REIT that is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange in the country on the condition to maintain the investment within the next 3 years.
- After 3 years 50% of shares can be sold.
- After 4 years a further 25% can be released.
- After 5 years there are no requirements to keep investments.
Option (D) : Endowment
Option (D) indicates that a non-refundable investment shall be made for €500,000 EUR in a public project utilizing the arts, sports, health, culture, or education. The investment can be €400,000 EUR per investor if at least five individuals gather.
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROCESS AT A GLANCE
- Choosing the investment option.
- Obtaining necessary documents
- Submission of the application to the Irish Department of Justice.
- Obtaining approval of the Ireland Golden Visa application.
- Approval of Irish Investor Visa application by Minister for Justice and Equality.
- Making the investment and submission proof that the investment.
- After confirmation of investment, a two-year residency is granted to the applicants.
* Applicants for Irish naturalization must physically reside in Ireland for the 12 months prior to application and for 4 of the proceeding 8 years.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO OBTAIN THE CITIZENSHIP?
Generally, the process results in between four or six months from submission of the application to issuance of the passport, on condition that there is no problem with the application.
BENEFITS OF IRISH IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM & PASSPORT AT A GLANCE
- One of Best Education Systems of the World, with much 1st class International Schools and the opportunity to study in EU Countries.
- Passport is renewable for life and passed onto future generations
- Solid investment options with regular income and at the same time you can obtain one of the most sought citizenships in the World
- Visa-Free Travel to over 170 countries, including Switzerland, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, and EU Countries.
- Advantageous travel options for many countries such as US, UK, Canada, Singapore & Australia.
- One of the Best Healthcare Services of the World.
- Dual & Multiple Citizenships are allowed.
- Citizenship might be obtained for family members including dependent children under 24 of the Main Applicant & Spouse.
- Mostly Christian country, offering a tolerant, democratic and Western lifestyle.
- Happy, Safe and Wonderful environment to settle with family
- Splendid Business Hub: One of the best performing and innovative economies of the World
- Preferable 2nd home to spend Winter and Summer, easy to travel from/to US & EU.
- Traditionally very hospitable, tolerant, and welcoming manner to all foreigners.
- Beautiful climate with breathtaking landmarks all around the Island
- Very Low Crime Rates
- One of Highest GDP Per Capita of the World
- Stable, secure, and successful economy with its strong IT & finance sectors.
- No interview requirement
- Member of Commonwealth of Nations
- Advantageous travel options to Commonwealth Countries, such as UK, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore for all Irish Citizens,
- Strong, Independent Legal System and Courts
- Reasonable Tax Rates, very low Corporate Tax and even lower for IT Firms
- Perfectly located on the north of UK
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (“FAQ”) IN RELATION TO IRELAND IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM
Why choose Ireland?
Firstly, Ireland has one of the best performing and innovative economy and one of the highest GDP per capita of the World. Besides that, crime rates are very low so the applicants and their families can live safely in there. The country also permits dual & multiple citizenships. In addition to this, the country offers one of the best healthcare services in the World.
Do I have to travel to Ireland before or after the application of Citizenship?
Applicants for Irish naturalization must physically reside in Ireland for 4 years in an 8-year timeframe prior to 12 months residency requirement in order to apply for citizenship.
What are the visa-free travel opportunities for citizens of Ireland?
Irish citizens enjoy visa-free travel to over 170 countries including the entire EU, the UK, and Switzerland.
Is Ireland a tax haven for investors who look for obtaining Citizenship by Investment?
Certainly. Ireland might be the most popular tax haven all around the world, especially when its advantages regarding taxation Companies are considered. Irish authorities do not collect foreign income tax from its citizens and companies.
Is it possible for two or more different investors to get Irish Citizenship depending on a single real estate?
No, this is not possible. Real Estate Investments related to the Irish CBI program are made via investment trusts, therefore real estate obtainment of several investors will not be helpful in order to acquire Irish Citizenship.
Is Irish Citizenship by Investment Program regulated with official legislation?
Yes. Ireland CBI is stipulated within some regulations, mainly by the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act of 1956, which has been amended in recent years. CBI Programme, which is phrased as Naturalization, has been explained in this law beginning as of article 14, and further.
Is Irish Citizenship acquired/valid for life?
Yes, once the citizenship is acquired, it becomes a permanent citizenship for life for you and the citizenship could also be passed to your future generations.
However, if a baby from Irish parents is born outside of Ireland, the birth shall be registered before an Irish Authority.
Can we change our names after obtaining Irish citizenship?
Yes, but the applicant may only apply for the change of name after the citizenship is acquired. In order to apply for it, the applicant shall submit a petition before Naturalization and Immigration Service (INIS) prior to the execution of the Deed Poll.
How many family members can apply for citizenship along with the Main Applicant?
All family members can apply to the main applicant. However, the dependent children between the ages of 18 – 24 shall submit a form that they are financially dependent on the main applicant.
Is there any language requirement to apply for Irish Citizenship?
No, neither there is a language requirement nor historical knowledge.
Once Irish Citizenship is acquired, in the case that the applicant will not stay in Ireland, what will be the main applicant’s tax liabilities in Ireland?
Tax liability in Ireland depends on the days the citizens reside in the country. If the citizens reside more than 183 days for a tax year (1 January-31 December) or if they reside in the country for more than 280 days for 2 straight tax years, than the liability automatically will be applicable.