E2 Visa USA
The E2 Treaty Investor visa allows the investor to live and work in the US to direct and develop the business, and allows entry of Executive, Management and Essential skills employees. In larger businesses management and executive level employees may be sent to the US instead of the owners of the business. Employees that are also nationals of the same E2 visa Country as the investor may also qualify for an E2 visa. The E2 visa can continue to be extended indefinitely as long as the business continues in the US.
- The investor, either a person, partnership or corporate entity, must have the citizenship of a treaty country.
- If a business, at least 50 percent of the business must be owned by persons with the treaty country’s nationality.
- The investment must be substantial, with investment funds or assets committed and irrevocable. It must be sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the enterprise.
- The investment must be a real operating enterprise, an active commercial or entrepreneurial undertaking. A paper organization, speculative or idle investment does not qualify. Uncommitted funds in a bank account or similar security are not considered an investment.
- It must generate significantly more income than just to provide a living to you and family, or it must have a significant economic impact in the United States.
- You must have control of the funds, and the investment must be at risk in the commercial sense. Loans secured with the assets of the investment enterprise are not allowed.
- Applicant must be coming to the United States to develop and direct the enterprise. If applicant is not the principal investor, he/she must be considered an essential employee, employed in a supervisory, executive, or highly specialized skill capacity.
- You can work legally in the U.S. for a company that is the subject of your investment.
- There is no minimum investment amount that is required.
- Your spouse can work under an E-2 dependent visa.
- Your children under 21 can attend a school of your choice with an E-2 dependent visa.
- You can travel freely in and out of the U.S.
- You can stay indefinitely. (two-year increments and can request an extension of stay an unlimited amount of times. Essentially, you can reside and conduct business in the U.S. for as long as your extensions are approved. You can do this without being a green card holder or a U.S. citizen.)
Family of E-2 Treaty Investors and Employees
Treaty investors and employees may be accompanied or followed by spouses and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age. Their nationalities need not be the same as the treaty investor or employee. These family members may seek E-2 nonimmigrant classification as dependents and, if approved, generally will be granted the same period of stay as the employee.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (“FAQ”) IN RELATION TO UNITED STATES OF AMERICA E-2 RESIDENCY BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMME?
Why choose United States of America?
USA is a safe and stable country. Country’s approach is traditionally very hospitable, tolerant and welcoming manner to foreigners. Not to mention it is the most powerful country in the world when it comes the economy.
Are there any vaccine requirements to go to United States of America?
Unfortunately, there are some vaccine requirements in accordance with the US Immigration Law. However, the type of vaccines vary year by year due to the majority of viruses in the world.
Do I have to travel to USA to start the Residency procedures?
Yes, E2 Residency applications can be done remotely.
What are the visa-free travel opportunities for citizens of USA?
The American passport owners have opportunities of Visa Free Travel to over 180 countries, including Hong Kong, US, United Kingdom, Switzerland and EU Countries.
Is USA a tax haven for investors who consider applying for E2 Investor Visa Programme?
Although it is not easy to name US a tax haven, investors must keep in mind that there are numerous advantageous tax cuts and business opportunities for them, who are searching for a country with minimal tax payments opportunities. USA makes great efforts in order to get business people from all around the world, thus it will not be a big hustle to decrease tax burden within US to reasonable amounts while operating your own business.
Is there any official legislative text which stipulates the E2 Investor Visa Programme?
Yes. There are several acts which regulate this program. Mainly Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 provide its legal basis and E-2 Visa Improvement Act of 2017 provides further regulations related to E2 Programme, which sets out the terms and conditions for nonimmigrant investors who are about to become “Lawful Permanent Residents” of United of States of America.
Do you offer real estate options from USA?
Yes. We offer approved projects suitable to proceed for E-2 Residency program.
How many family members can apply for residency along with the Main Applicant?
EB-5 visa is an investment-based immigrant visa. Along with the main applicant spouse and unmarried dependent children under 21 years old may also apply. And after 5 years fulfilling all the above mentioned requirements, whole family can acquire American Citizenship.
Is there any language requirement to apply for American Residency?
Yes, reading, writing and speaking English, and knowing the history and government of U.S. is required.