Shipping / Maritime Law
As Ketenci&Ketenci, we are involved in all aspects of asset financing for clients in the shipping globally advising a diverse range of international clients including financial institutions, owners and operators.
Legal advices provided to our clients covers the non-contentious shipping transactions including ship finance and leasing transactions, corporate structures for ship ownership and joint ventures, complex structured financings, ship sale and purchase, ship construction, ship and securities including mortgage registration.
It is also notable that due to the economic recession taken place recently, we have also been actively involved in advising financial institutions and ship owners in relation to the restructuring of existing financings.
The shipping finance practice of Ketenci&Ketenci consists of following practices
- Financings and other secured debt financings,
- Financings provided by foreign and domestic financial organizations,
- Operating leases of either cross-border or multijurisdictional,
- All sorts of securities (available in the registered area of ships) of ship operating leases,
- Financial guarantees of public and privately placed debt,
- Purchase and sale transactions on behalf of our clients,
- Negotiation of purchase agreements with manufacturers,
- Process Agency.
In addition to ship finance, we also offer a comprehensive advice and unique level of service on contentous matters related with shipping law. Our practice covers:
- Ship arrest and release procedure in Turkey and also in foreign jurisdictions
- Sale and purchase of ships
- Ship registration
- Contracts for the construction, conversion and repair of ships
- Drafting and negotiating shipping related contracts
- Cargo Claims
- Liability insurers
- Salvage and collision
- Carriage of goods
- Passengers claims
- General average
- Marine insurance
- Turkish maritime claims
- Shipping Litigation in Turkey
- Advising on European maritime claims in Europe