The Project Finance department has extensive experience in all aspects of the financing process, providing expert counsel from the start to the successful financial closing. We offer comprehensive support and guidance on all aspects of project formation, structuring, implementation, financing and operation. We act as facilitators of projects, advising lenders and borrowers, representing private lenders as well as project developers, private equities, funds and financial entities. We also advise other key participants in these types of projects on a regular basis, such as constructors, operators, engineering and maintenance companies.
Our Project Finance practice is an interdisciplinary unit consisting of lawyers from our Banking & Finance, Real Estate, Tax, M&A, Litigation and other teams. Backing these groups are the full resources of the firm, including its public finance and governmental affairs attorneys. The constant interaction between various practice areas of the Firm results in highly-specialized services.
Clients represent a wide range of sectors and industries from transportation, power plants, renewable energies to construction and real estate development. We provide multi-disciplinary support to all types of companies, as well as to investors in and lenders operating in a range of industry sectors. We have the relevant industry experience needed to provide a value-added service and have developed a particular strength in structuring financings for projects.
Our services in the Project Finance field include;
- Consulting on untapped potential projects
- Identifying suitable projects to invest
- Preliminary examinations of legal and financial risks and advantages
- Construction and vendor financing
- Coordination and implementation of debts and subordinated debts through creditor agreements
- Financing of the transaction with the banks and other financial providers, financial closing and the subsequent running of the project